Monday, November 21, 2016

October 24, 2016......"I'll be what you want be to be"

Hey everyone it's ya boy Elder Armijo. Man this past week flew by. It
was the last week of the transfer so it's already been 6 weeks that
I've been in Conway. And since this transfer is over it marks the
beginning of my final 6 weeks here in the mission field. Yes this is
my last transfer as a full time missionary. But don't worry I'm still
going to work hard and have lots of fun. This past week was pretty
good actually. We did a lot more this week than we have all transfer
I'm not sure why but everyone we planned in actually kept their
appointments and everyone we stopped by was actually home. We were on
bikes so we got to talk to a lot of cool people. I wish I could
remember all the things we talk about with people haha. We had
exchanges with the winter park elders which was a fun time. And also
with our zone leaders.

We also found out transfers this past Saturday and it's been kinda
weird haha. So to preface this I should let you know we had interviews
with president Clark. And I had a good interview with him and in the
interview he asked me if I could take on a weaker companion and help
him out and I said yeah president I think I can. So he said okay we
will see what happens. So Saturday rolls around and we get calls and
find out I'm staying in Conway and getting elder satchwell. So elder
satchwell is one of the most solid missionaries I know so I was a
little confused so I texted president Clark and asked him if he has
changed his mind about putting me with a weaker companion and all he
said was " yes , I did " hahaha so I was like oh okay that stinks. But
later on that night I get a call from president and he says "elder
Armijo I know we had a great interview and I know I spoke about
putting you with a weaker companion and that didn't happen but I need
your help in another aspect. " and I was like okay president and he
then proceeded to ask me to be a district leader in a new area for my
last transfer. I had to make sure he was talking to the right elder
lol I said president are you sure? I haven't been the most obedient
and I've made quite a few mistakes on my mission. And all he said was
" elder we have all made mistakes, you haven't done anything on your
mission you can't repent of" and I was like oh dang okay. I told him I
would feel very hypocritical accepting this assignment because my
whole mission I have struggled to support the leaders assigned by
president berry but then he said " I've been struggling with this
decision for the last week now and I feel this is the lords will. The
lord has prepared you for this. I know it's easy to say yes and it's
also easy to say no. So I want you to think and pray about it tonight
and call me back tomorrow " so I stayed up all night just thinking and
pondering and praying. Thank the lord for prayer. And I read my
patriarch so blessing. So the next morning I woke up and I felt like I
still hadn't received my answer so I was going to tell him I couldn't
do it. But as I was studying a familiar hymn came into my head and
lyrics are as

There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

Now I'm making his seem like a big deal when it really isn't, this is
not why I came on s mission my whole mission I have tried to avoid
this type of thing. But I have felt more love and support from
president Clark in these last 3 months than I ever did my first 18
months. So I truly believe that he is inspired of the lord. So if the
lord will have me do this is then I will follow. Not because I want to
or because I desire the glory of being known as a district leader but
because according to president Clark it is the lords will. I'm gonna
try to have the most fun I can in these last 6 weeks. I'm grateful for
the time I've had here in Conway. Hopefully this will just be a new
experience I can look back on and think " WHAT THE HECK, HOW " Lolol as I'm sure
all the missionaries in the Mission will think when word spreads about
this hahaha. I love you all and I can't wait to see you guys in a few
weeks.
Elder Armijo





No comments:

Post a Comment