Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30, 2016....."What is a true disciple of Jesus Christ?"

Well friends and family!

 Another week down in Cocoa. Don't worry I'm
surviving, this week wasn't that bad. We had zone conference this
week. It actually wasn't too bad. Normally I'm not a fan but this one
wasn't bad. They actually trained us on useful missionary stuff not a
30 minute training on role plays lolol. ( role plays are dumb go
actually teach people if you wanna learn how to teach better ). So
yeah it was cool. Said bye to Pres Berry. Well we just all shook his
hand haha I'll never see him again! He leaves in 3 weeks.   Also,
shout out to my boy Elder Pututau who is home. Good luck fafa. And also
special shout out to Sister Maxfield who I recieved a letter from.
Since I'm hitting my 18 month mark this week that means she goes home
soon! Your the real MVP can't wait to hang out after the mish. P.S. she
was in the MTC the same time as me and she is serving in Cali. Umm
lets see. We have a sick guy on date named Doug. He's solid as heck
haha. Jack and Kathy came to church again!! They are solid as well. We
had some great lessons with them this week. And we had our ward party
and Kathy came to that and we chilled with her the whole time. I feel
like they are the reason I was sent here honestly. Every time we call
her she always answers like " yo yo yo what's up " hahaha. But things
are good here. Just Slavin away like normal jkjk I love the mish, this
Friday is my 18 month mark so that's cool, I start 6 months to sexy
also which means I have to eat healthy and actually work out so I can
be skinny when I come home! Love you all and I suck at pics sorry I'll
try and send some

Here's a good quote from president eyring. Shout out to Brother
Cherepon for sharing it in his talk on Sunday. I'll probably use it in
my homecoming talk lol. It describes perfectly what a disciple of
Jesus Christ is. And what I've been striving my whole mission to be
like.

" I am apart of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been
cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I AM A
DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRSIT. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be
still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is
secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth
knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving
and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions,
promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first,
recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean
on HIS presence, walk with patience, I am uplifted by prayer, and
labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is
reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,
detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the
face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary,
negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of of
popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up,
shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for
the cause of CHRIST. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach
till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for his
own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.
"


I love you all. And I'm grateful for my time to serve the Lord.

Elder Armijo


Elder Goddard and I hooping it up!
Florida Sunset

Cocoa Zone-President and Sister Berry's last Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment