Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015...."THEIR WORDS SPEAK TO MY SOUL"

Well friends and fam bam Another week has come and gone and on
Saturday I hit my 10 month mark. That in itself is a miracle. Lol. Jk
but kinda. The time has just gone by so fast. I know I say this every
email but I can't fathom the fact that I have been out for 10 months.
It seems like it's only been 1 month. Not to mention all my friends
who have been out longer than that it's just crazy. This week was a
crazy week. We started off the week with Tuesday and we weren't able
to see anyone at all. We tried and tried to see people but there was
no one that was willing and if they were, we weren't able to get to
them due to being on bikes. Then Wednesday came along and it was a
little better. We had Book of Mormon class and that was good. We read
from Mosiah 3 where it talks about King Benjamin and his address to
the people. We read that in preparation for general conference which
was the bomb. Then Thursday I was on exchanges with the one and only
Elder Chugg. He's so funny haha. We had a pretty good day we saw 4
people and 2 of them were investigators. We finished the night off
with some good ole street contacting and we decided to walk instead of
bike. Bad idea. We live about 2 or 3 miles from where there are
actually people and when we got to the main road and stuff there was
literally no one out to talk to so we walked around for 2 hours and
nothing.  So, we stopped by an investigator in the area and talked with
him for a bit. After the walking we got home and the soles of my shoes
came off haha I have a pic. Then Friday elder Ferrin had his departing
temple trip so we had to wake up at 4 to get ready for a ride to get
us at 5:30 then we drove with some other elders down to lake Mary
which is kinda by Orlando and then all the missionaries who are going
home left to the temple and then us, the companions, stayed with 2 zone
leaders for the day. Yeah I know lame that we don't get to go to the
temple with them.
       Then Saturday and Sunday were General Conference and let me
tell you I freakin needed it. I received so much personal
revelation and I'm so stoked about the new Apostles. The talks in
every session were awesome I learned something from all of them. But
of course my favorite was Elder Holland. Usually I'm expecting him to
throw down hardcore haha but this time he spoke about Mothers and it
was awesome. There is no such thing like Motherly love. So to my
Mother, who has stuck by my side no matter what, and who has taught me
this Gospel, I love you and will forever be indebted to you. Thank you
for your example, and for showing me that there is always more to be
grateful for. There's no better words to describe it other than the
words of the stripping warriors concerning their faith and
righteousness; "We do not doubt our Mothers knew it ". So like them I
don't doubt, because I know that my Mother knows best. She always has.
        I'm grateful for living Prophets and Apostles who lead and
guide us today. Every time I listen to them I am reassured by the Holy
Ghost that they are indeed called if God. Rail and slander them as you
will but I know them to be true servants of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Their words speak to my soul and the spirit confirms to me that what
they say is true. I hope each of you were able to watch conference and
were able to receive and answer to a prayer or a question that you
had. Because I know I did in many instances. I love you all and hope
you have a good week. Transfers are tomorrow so I will be getting a
new companion again so I will let you know how that goes.


Okay some pics
1. Me elder chugg elder bravo and elder ferrin before Saturday sessions oF GC
2. District picture from Wednesday
3. District picture when I look Asian and like I'm in love with elder bravo
4. Duck face selfie for all the haters






No comments:

Post a Comment