Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 7, 2015...."The past is to be learned from but not lived in"

Well friends and family another week down and it's already week 3. I'm not a fan of how much time is flying but then again I am. Haha this week was really slow. We weren't able to see that many people. In fact it was probably the worst week I've had on my mission lesson wise. It's been a transition going from Olympia where we had so many people to teach we could barely fit them all in, to here where we are just barely teaching 10 people a week. Now I will always be the first to say it's not about the numbers. But I can't help feeling like we can do better actually I know for a fact we can do better. There's not much going on in this area right now and that bugs me. It bugs me that we don't have anyone to teach that we aren't helping anyone prepare for baptism. However, I think that's why i was sent here because the Lord knows not working bugs the crap out of me, he knows not having people to teach and not helping people come closer him frustrates me haha. I'm all about having fun like I couldn't serve a mission if we weren't aloud to have fun whilst doing it, but there's a time for fun and there's a time for serving the Lord and on a mission serving the Lord takes the priority. I came here to help others come closer to Christ. So, just as I did in my last area, we are going to pray that we can find a family specifically a family of 5 this time. We are going to work our butts off and I know we will find others in the process of finding this family. Me and elder Ferrin are gonna turn up here in DeLand and make his last transfer one to remember. My mission has been awesome, hard, and tiring and sometimes I want to quit, but awesome. I'll end this short email with a quote that has nothing to do with what I wrote but I just love it, it's by Elder Holland, he said. " The past is to be learned from but not lived in, we look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes and when we've learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we've experienced, then we look ahead, we remember that faith is always pointed toward the future, faith always has to do with blessings, and truths, and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives" sometimes our attachment to the past outweighs our confidence in the future. I have fallen into this trap for a while now, but as elder Holland said we are to learn from the past, not live in it. I love you all have a good week. And also thank you so much to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday and sent me stuff. I love you all so much. It was a good day. 


Elder Armijo  
PS. shout out to my girl Chandler Myers on getting called to BRAZILLLLLL!!!!! You will be such an awesome Sister love ya kid. 

Pics:

1. The Dean Family where I had my Birthday Dinner
2.  Elder Ferrin and I
3.  Elder Ferrin and I again




No comments:

Post a Comment