Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 6, 2015......Ether 12 "Pure Gold of a Chapter"

Ahh another week down. And let me say how grateful I am that I was
called to serve in the greatest country on the earth. Despite all of
the faults we have as a nation this is still the greatest country
because I can walk down these streets of Orlando and teach people
about Jesus and no one will tell me to stop or that I can't do that. I
hope that this stays this way for a long long time. Happy 4th everyone
and I hope you all had an awesome time celebrating. I know we did 😎.
I took a few pics so stay tuned. And mom thanks for the American flag
ties I got alot of compliments ha ha. So the Bishop of the Windermere
ward which is the ward we share the building with, we are close with
the that Bishop because he and his family are Tongan and elder P is
related to them somehow lol, but that Bishops son just got his mission
call and he is going to be serving in the Santiago North Mission!! Now
I know there's a lot of missions in Chile so I get them confused but
I'm pretty sure that where Curt is right? Correct me if I'm wrong. But
yeah he reports in early October so hopefully Curt will train him cuz
he's a big Tongan kid that's a boss haha.

This week was.......a little disappointing. We haven't gotten in
contact with "N" again and so we aren't sure what happened or if
the baptism is going to happen anymore. I mention this a lot in emails
but this is the hardest thing about missionary work by far. Seeing
people accept this gospel and then for who knows what reason turn
their backs on the truth right as they are going to make that step and
be baptized. Satan has more power than we give him credit for. I've
seen so many people fall away from the church as members and so many
people progress and then out of nowhere just turn away because of an
outside force that Satan throws at them. I've never hurt more for
someone else before and I don't think I ever will nor will I ever get
used to the feeling of thinking that I could have done something
better or more to stop this from happening. I know that may not be the
case, but it's how I feel because this happens so much.  So I've
been praying. I've been on my knees and I've been fasting and asking
God to just help us out and let us know why things aren't working out.
 So on Sunday as I opened my fast, praying for that same thing , I was
doing my normal studies and I was reading in Ether 12 which if you
don't know is Pure Gold of a chapter. And when Moroni starts to speak
the very first verse says " And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat
concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is
things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not
because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of
your faith." And so I took this as my answer to my prayer. I realized
that I had begun to rely on myself to help people progress and not the
lord and when that happens, he whips you into shape haha. So I'm not
sure if things will get better with "N", maybe it's not her time.
But I do know that the lord keeps his promise and only after our
trials do we receive a witness or a blessing. So trials have come now
I'm just waiting for the witness part 😉😇. But my point in sharing
this is to share the witness that I have received and that is that God
answers our prayers and he hears us. He knows us and knows what we
need. It might be hard to accept at first, but there is a plan, and we
may not know all of it but we can take comfort in knowing that at
least there is a plan, for everything and everyone. It took me a while
to realize that, but now I know and I am at peace with a lot of things
thanks to the Atonement and the knowledge I have gained. I've been
here 7 months now and unrealistic is the word I like to use to
describe how fast time is going. I feel as though I've been here a
week or two. This next week is transfers so we will see what happens.
Our zone will be changing a lot as well as our mission haha. We are
expected to get like 40 or so new missionaries within the next two
transfers so there will be a lot of new faces and a lot of
missionaries who's 2 years or 18 months are up. But I'm excited to see
if I stay in Olympia or if I get transferred! I love you all! And
shout out to my brother Chandler for deciding to serve. You will enjoy
your mission slot more because you made the choice and no one else
made it for you. I'm excited to see where you are called! Any other
mission Is second to the FOM 😎. Just be grateful for wherever you get
called. There's a reason for it young blood!

Elder Armijo

So here are some pics from this last week
1: Our Flag Ties
2: sunset before the fireworks and the sick view from a members condo
3: selfie with a firework
4: selfie
 5: and district pday today!




No comments:

Post a Comment