Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015..........."Never lose focus, never lose sight" Elder L. Tom Perry

Hello my friends and family!!!!
 
Such a great week here in the FOM I hope everyone had a great one as well! So first things first transfers......after a long week of anxiously waiting to see which of us would leave we got the news Saturday night......THAT WERE BOTH STAYING!!!! We are super stoked we did not see this coming but I guess
the Lord still has more in store for me and Elder P! Actually I know this because this past week we saw soooooooooooo many awesome miracles it was so crazy. We met so many new people and started teaching a lot as well. I was really sad that one of us might be leaving after all this awesome stuff has happened but don't worry we will be together
for another transfer! I can't explain how relieved and excited we are hahaha. Me and elder P have become  really good friends, reminds me of sage and queston hahahaha. But anyway, that's the news about transfers. Olympia for another 6 weeks! Which by the way is the best area to be in because of the 2 temples in Florida. One of them is in my area! Our church building is the stake center right across from the Orlando temple 😌. So it's safe to say that besides the FOM being the best mission Olympia East is the best area! and well we went to see a part member family who moved in to our ward and the lady is a member and is less active but her husband isn't a member and she wants to come back to church and he is so awesome we taught him and he said he's been around the church his whole life but never joined and now he's ready! so it was awesome. We will be teaching and baptizing him this transfer. And "C" had surgery so we will be seeing her this Wednesday and she still awesome and loves the truth but she is just recovering like so hopefully we can baptize her this transfer. And we have just found a lot of other people to teach now !
So that's the good news! The bad news which we received Saturday as well is Elder Perry had passed away. You all probably knew that before us but we found out Saturday night as well and it was upsetting. But not a bad upsetting. Just upsetting because we won't be able to hear from him in conference again. We all know where he is and oh how prepared his mansions were for him. Such an awesome thing to know that an apostle of the Lord has returned to his Fathers presence once again. He will be missed dearly he was a Boss. In a talk he gave in the October 2014 conference he opened with this statement. "Our journey through life has periods of both good times and bad. Each presents different challenges. How we learn to adjust to the changes which come along depends on the foundation on which we build. The Gospel of our Lord and Savior provides a sure and solid foundation. It is constructed piece by piece as we gain knowledge of the Lord’s eternal plan for His children. The Savior is the Master Teacher. We follow Him." ........
Oh how true this is. I cannot say anything more than to agree with this statement simply because it is a perfect statement. I hope that as we all go through this journey we can either continue to keep the solid foundation or start to build one if we haven't already. We cannot do this alone, nor are we even meant to. Never lose focus, never lose sight. Jesus Christ will always be there, on your left and on your right. We all heard about the sister missionary who died in Atlanta.  This is so sad and affects all of us here in the field when we hear this has happened to one of our own.  I have thought about it though..... I'm not afraid of death anymore I'm kind of excited for when we are all with our Father in Heaven again, this world is in so much turmoil. Don't worry Mom, I am being safe.  Nothing else is new. Wednesday I get to burn a tie for my six month mark!  Elder Olsen and Elder Vaughn are leaving.  They have been here as long as I've been in the mission so sad to see them go.
 I love you all so very much and thank you for your support and for always loving me. This transfer will be filled with miracles and baptisms I can promise you that! 


 -ELDER ARMIJO  aka SWAGKILLA aka POSHKING aka THE BOSS 😂😂😎
Somehow we ended up with the same shirt!  Sis Woolley who goes home in August.
The District!!!  Some are leaving so it will change.
I finally found Sonic in my Zone and a member took us there!  Finally!
My Route 44 Selfie
This is how Florida Looks!  Green!



No comments:

Post a Comment