Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 15, 2015 "The triage to the soul is to turn outward"

Hey everyone!! Another week has come and gone! Sorry I am so late on
 this email.  I was busy ballin these other missionaries up😉

This past week was a good one in terms of the work we did and the miracles we saw. We have been
teaching a lady named "N"  She was a hand off from some other
elders in another area/ward and she is super solid. She had a
baptismal date for the 27th of this month and we are so excited. I
know I don't talk a lot about who we teach and stuff I guess I just
feel like who and what we teach shouldn't be put in an email every
week idk is that weird? Whatever haha but I'll tell you about "N"
She has over come a lot of addictions and right now her last one is
cigarettes and when we first met her we set the date for the 27th and
she just laughed cuz she didn't think she could stop smoking but then
a few days later after meeting with her and some really awesome
lessons she told us that she hasn't bought any new cigarettes and that
she isn't going to buy anymore either. And man when we heard that it
just pumped us up haha we had so much faith that she would stop
smoking. We knew it was a risk cuz she had to stop before the 20th in
order to be baptized on the 27th but I truly feel that since we had so
much faith in her that it helped her see the faith the lord has in her
also. So we have met with her every day and she has come to church the
last 3 Sundays. Me and elder P have been blessed with many miracles
while we've been together and this is just another one to add to it.

It's weird because sometimes I get into these moods where I start
worrying about things wether it's back home or just the future and its
upsets me. But the weird part is I never stop working and I never have
those days where I don't feel like doing anything. I've found that the
best cure for sadness or depression or etc is service to your fellow
man and the Lord. Normally I would just stay home and play x box or
sleep when I was upset but now that those aren't options I'm sort of
forced to go out work. Not that I do it because I have to because we
all have agency. Me and elder P could probably sleep all day and no
one would know. But I wouldn't feel better about my situation, in fact
I would feel 100x worse. There's a new Mormon message and I'm sure you
have all seen it, it's called LIFT. And in the video there is a guy
that says " the triage to the soul is to turn outward" and I have
truly found that out for myself. When I serve others wether it's
physically or spiritually I feel as though a piece of my soul is
healed. Like many, my soul has a lot of fixing and healing that
needs to be done and that can't happen unless I, unless "we" all serve
those around us. Mosiah 2:17 says "And behold, I tell you these things
that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the
service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
So let's simplify this verse. I tell you this because it's true and
you need to know it, when you serve others you serve God. And all of
us want to serve God so therefore we must serve his children. Trials
are going to come, hard times will come but I promise you as long as
we out others before us our problems will not matter. I have seen it
in my service as a Missionary and I have seen it in others around me.
I love you all and I hope my emails are being read and that they help
someone out. Have a good week and I will speak to you all next week!!

-ELDER ARMIJO

Please watch:




No comments:

Post a Comment