Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 21, 2015.."Me and Elder Crismon just do a little dance in our seats and a fist bump"

Well, friends and fam December is almost over and Christmas is this
week. I wish time would just slow down for bit haha. But this week was
so sick! I don't know where to begin. Sunday we had a less
active/returning couple bring their neighbor to church. And he walked
in with a Book of Mormon that these neighbors had given him and told
him about. So that right there is reason enough to turn up haha less
actives doing missionary work! So anyway, his name is "D" and let me
tell you about "D". He stands 6 feet 1 inch and is Native American
specifically from the Cherokee tribe. He has sick hair and is about 50
years of age. He's an actor who is going to be starring in a film with
Brad Pitt. And his first ever encounter with Mormons and the Book of
Mormon was when Marie Osmond was sitting next to him on a plane and
they got to talking about it. So that's a little about "D". Oh,
and he ha"D" comes to church and after sacrament meeting, we briefly
talk to him and found out he loved it and so we asked if we can meet
with him and he said yes here's my number call me.
 So we did that and went to his home, not a minute early, not a minute late
 ( we were on exchanges so it was Elder Crismon my Zone leader and me).  
So we sit down in his living room while he is cooking for us. It smelled
good. I was hungry. So as we are waiting we start asking him about his
life and why he decided to come to church and he said he has been
reading from the Book of Mormon every day and knows a lot of Mormons.
He loves the Book of Mormon and we also brought him a King James Holy
Bible so he could use it along side the B of M. "D" then proceeded to tell us
how everyone told him that he was going down the wrong path because he
was reading the Book of Mormon then he told us that he responds to all
who try to persuade him, that the Book of Mormon does not replace the
Bible, but it helps us better understand the teachings of the Bible. At
this point me and Elder Crismon are just in awe like this guy is not a
member okay I promise and then Elder Crismon says " Well do you
believe Joseph Smith is a prophet ? " and "D" stops cooking, looks up
and says "Oohhhh yeah I do " and he goes back to cooking and me and
Elder Crismon just do a little party in our seats and fist bump. Then
we proceed to ask more questions and then he finishes cooking and we
ate and it was so good it was like a golden investigator walked into
church asked us to teach him and he cooked us heavenly food. I thought
I was dreaming. Then after, we ate we discussed more of the gospel and
the church and "D" says you know guys people aren't gonna like me
even more. And we were like what do you mean? He said well they
already don't like me because I'm Indian and because I'm an actor just
wait till they find out I'm a Mormon. Hahahaha and me and Elder
Crismon just crack up but legit he considers himself a member of the
church already it's awesome! So the next time we went over we talked
about baptism and he had been up until 2:30 a.m. studying baptism in the
Bible and the Book of Mormon and when we got there he said " guys I
understand baptism now" and so we talked about it and we invited him
to be baptized and he said, "of course I will".

 So my testimony is that Heavenly Father prepares the
hearts of his children and I know it for a surety. 
The Lord has suffered us to serve where we are serving
so we can find the souls we need to bring to him. Miracles are real
and they are happening and I am a witness of them. Many others
happened this week, but I will save those for another email or just my
journal. I love my mission and the Lord showed me that he knows what's
best for all of us because I did not want to switch areas. But I am so
grateful that we did. I love you all merry Christmas!!

Also, Here are some pics!

Elder Armijo

1. just a selfie in the sweater
2.just a selfie in the church 
3.not sure why its so small but a pic of all the elders i came out with 
4.a pic inside a cool book/comic store with my sick sweater
5. one of my favorite families in the world the deans!! 
6.and a small pic of me and my friend Ashton sword fighting hahaha 







No comments:

Post a Comment