Friday, August 21, 2015

August 17, 2015..... For Behold, Are We Not All Beggars?

Hello friends and family!! 

Another week down and August is almost over
and this is the last week of the transfer!! Saturday we find out if I
leave haha. I've been here 7 months and it's been such a blast. It's
going to be weird going to a new are ( if I do leave) but change is
good, sometimes lol. I've loved serving here in the Olympia ward
because it reminds me of our ward back home, the members are super
super awesome and I will miss them. On the occasion that i stay, for
another 6 weeks, I will be happy to stay because of how awesome the
ward is haha. I've grown close to many of the members and if I come
back to Orlando after my mission the Olympia ward is where i will
visit.( it's right across from the temple ) but anyways this week was
pretty good. We've just been helping "P" get ready for baptism
which is supposed to be on the 22nd so Saturday but it's looking like
that will have to be postponed for the next weekend which is a bummer
because if I do get transferred I won't be able to attend her baptism.
But I'm so happy she is still on fire. She's been through so much in
her life, and I mean so much it just makes me appreciate the things I
have and have been through because they could be much worse. I love
the words of king Benjamin when he said " For behold, are we not all
beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all
the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold,
and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind".
This was the theme of my farewell talk but it should be the theme of
our lives. There is not one person in the world that is above another.
Doesn't matter how much money you have, what car you have, how many
likes you have on dumb Instagram or favorites on Twitter. God loves
us all the same and to think we are better than someone else because
of Worldly things we pretty much are saying we are not disciples of
Jesus Christ. Because putting yourself above or even below someone is
prideful and relying on those worldly things to make you happy and not
our savior is a joke. I used to be worldly. Very into myself and my
phone and my clothes and the likes I got on social media. I wanted
everyone to accept me to think I was the man. And I probably would be
the same or even worse had I not decided to serve a mission for the
lord. I wish I could share the experiences I have had in words that
have showed me that there is more to life then material possessions
and then opinions of other people. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not
perfect lol, far from it. But when we get our priorities right, and if
they are right, then the Lord should and always be first on our list.
If he is then everything else will fall into place. I'm so grateful
for my opportunity to serve a mission for the Lord. It's going by so
fast and yesterday I talked to a returned sister missionary who just
got back from Japan who said she is so bored being back haha. So I'm
glad I have 15 months left because I don't want to come home lol. Love
you all I hope you guys have a good week. - Elder Armijo
Pic1-I was wrinkle -freeing my pants. Lol
Pic2- Me and Elder Oxborrow today. Lasertag for district p-day



No comments:

Post a Comment