Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 1, 2016- "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."



Well first off my apologies for the 5 emails you got from me last week lol. I guess the mail server was down and wasn't send  the emails right away so I just decided to send it multiple times haha. This week was good and frustrating but it was a good week like always. We were supposed to have Donyaes baptism this past Saturday but it was pushed back until this coming Saturday so he can be baptized win his sister Marcella which is awesome. Now we have Ernies baptism on Saturday at 10 am along with Donyae and Marcella's at 12 hahaha. Elder Hollands pneumonia of being in the baptismal font all day is about to be a reality for us haha jk. But we are seeing a lot of success here in Kissimmee. The area is flourishing lol and we are continually teaching people and helping people. I couldn't ask for more. This week marks week 6 of the transfer which is super crazy cuz it has just flown by. I get scared thinking about how fast the time has gone haha. I've been reading the Book of Mormon again and I'm in 3 Nephi 11 and if there's any place in my scriptures that has been read and marked more than anywhere else it's this chapter( along with 2 Nephi 31 and alma 18) I just love it man. Just thinking about how Christ appeared to the Nephites and ministered unto them gets me pumped because when I read it I know it's true, we know who he was talking about when he said " And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." I just find myself thinking about how I would react or what I would do if I was just going about my business and all of a sudden i heard a voice 3 times and then suddenly Jesus Christ appears. And comes down and tells me to come forth and to touch the wounds in his hands and feet. Tears come when I think about it. What an experience that would be, or will be. This is why the Book of Mormon is so important. Its sole purpose is to testify of Jesus Christ and his divinity and mission as the son of God and redeemer of man kind. And 3 nephi 11 does just that. He calls Nephi and gives him the priesthood and also 12 others and charges them to baptize and preach the gospel. Then he tells them how to baptize and that there is only one way and that is the way he shows. And later on, in the chapters he implements the sacrament as he did with his disciples before his ascension into heaven. I love this book, as I do the bible. We can learn so much from studying. My life probably would have been a lot better before my mission if I would have read the scriptures like I should have but I'm making up for it now lol. I love this mission the Lord has allowed me to serve, my time is limited and is on the countdown but I'm grateful for every minute and every person I have met. I'm most grateful for Jesus Christ, I would not be here on a mission without his infinite atonement. My advice to everyone is to let the atonement carry you and help you , that is what it's for. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon send me some letters!!!

Elder Armijo

Pics:
District P-day





No comments:

Post a Comment