Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 4, 2016..."New Year, Same Me, Different ways, Better ways"

Ahh what a blessing it is to be able to email today I feel like it's been ages. 

How's everyone doing? Happy new year I hope you guys had a good one I know we did haha. It was sick. So the first week in the new area was very interesting but we saw a lot of people and there are so many we didn't get to see. The amount of work going on in this area is just so sick and I'm so pumped to be here not to mention my companion elder Hansen is super sick!! He's from Utah! He's like 6'2 6'3 and plays soccer lol not basketball. But we get along super well and he reminds me of my trainer and first companion elder pelo so it's like having elder Pelo again. So I'm excited to be here and to be serving with him. When I got here we were pleasant hill north serving in the pleasant hill ward but Sunday they had a reorganization of the stake and ward boundaries and now we are in the Kissimmee ward serving in the Kissimmee west area! Which is pretty much the same as before just a few changes we have a brand new bishop just called for his first time and we will be getting a lot of members from the old Kissimmee ward so it's gonna be a crazy next week or two. We have 3 people on date for baptism and they are all super sick! The only thing depressing about this change is we now are car share with the sisters in our ward so every other week we have the car then we bike the others. Which I guess is a blessing since I want to lose weight but it sucks biking in Florida it's so hot lol. But it's all for a reason. We've been sharing with everyone the New Years Mormon message talking about Lots wife and it's a really good video and we've been talking about not dwelling on the past and I think the investigators and members needed it just as much as I did. I have a tendency to wish things would be like they used too. I like to dwell in the past and it holds me back in many ways. So this week I learned that the past is to be learned from and not lived in. I have to have faith in God that my future will be better than my past. We all must have that faith. I know there's a plan for us all. God knows us and loves us. I've felt it so much on my mission. And I've seen it in so many people's lives that we have helped. When they come to know that they can be forgiven for the wrong they have done the change that occurs in their lives is remarkable. I love you all and I'm grateful for this new year to try and be better than the last. I'll send some pics from New Year's Eve love you!! 
Elder Armijo

Here's some pics from New Years!! We helped a member shoot off his
firework mini gun he invented it was sick!! We didn't shoot the Fire Works, we just carried the invention outside and he
did the rest and we watched lol





No comments:

Post a Comment