Monday, January 18, 2016

January 11th and January 18th........"Let me tell you a secret, about a Father's love".

January 11th

Let's start off with a song quote from a song by my uncle Todds favorite country singer, George Straight. 

" let me tell you a secret about a fathers love.
a secret that my daddy said was just between us.
 he said daddies don't just love their children every now and then.
it's a love without end, Amen." 

 Now before someone goes and accuses me of listening to George straight on my mission I assure you I did not. ( even though we should be allowed to I mean, come on ) but This song played over and over again in my head this week as I have felt the love that my father in heaven has for me and for all of his children. And that love is always there. I've realized that as humans we tend to distance ourselves from that love whether it's intentional or not. But my favorite thing is that the love is always there, God never ceases to love us, we just walk away from it. We turn our heart and mind to the world for happiness and turn away from God. It has to be so upsetting and frustrating to God when all he does is want to bless us and want to help us and love us but yet we still turn away and choose the wrong instead of the right. I think this because that's how it feels when people we teach won't keep the commitments we give to them. But I feel like that doesn't come close to what God feels like when we do something dumb. Idk just my thoughts this week. I love that the love he offers is a love without end. 

So, this week was pretty cool. It was our first week on bikes and man that first day I thought my legs were gonna fall off. Hashtag full car the last 3 months. Haha, but we had a good week for being on bikes. We can only get to half of our area the other half is like a 30-mile bike ride to where anyone lives haha so on bike weeks we stay in Kissimmee and car weeks we go out to Celebration, FL which is the far end of the area. But this week "D" came to church and he brought all of his siblings as well so there were 4 kids at church which was sweet. "D" is 11 and he is getting baptized on the 30th of January. It's weird cuz his mom isn't really interested in fact she wants to start her own church, but she wants us to teach and baptize all of her kids....so idk maybe she'll come around after they are all baptized haha and she also wants her kids baptized one by one not all at once. So were working with that. Then we've been meeting with "E" who is also getting baptized in February and he's super solid!! He is in a care facility right now recovering from his knee surgery but he lets us come and see him 3 times a week and he loves the Doctrine. He keeps all of his commitments that we leave with him so it's awesome!! This area is sweet! I'm glad to be serving here oh and also this part week a new stake was formed in our mission which means a new zone was formed as well. It's south east of us and we took part of the Fort Lauderdale mission and made it our mission hahaha we also gained 8 of their missionaries who are now permanently in our mission. So now we have 8 zones in our mission! The zone is called the Vero beach zone or stake I guess just another beach added to the mission hahaha. But anyways love you all hope you had a good week!! And special shout out to my dad this past week happy birthday pops!! I hope you get my letter!! 

Also some pics from this weeks hahaha 
1. Me riding my bike lol
2. Me and a duck 
3. Me and a duck 
4. Cool pic 
6. New Year's Eve pics I forgot to send 
January 18th
Happy MLK day that man was inspired.

Well, friends and fam another week has come and gone and it is now week 4 of the transfer which is crazy. Time is flying so fast here. We have so much going on in our area it's just making weeks go by so fast. We barely have enough time to visit all of the people we need to visit haha. We have 4 people on date for baptism which is awesome. We just set a date with "M" who is "D's" sister. "D" is the one getting baptized January 30th and "M's" date is February 6th along with our friend "E"!! They all came to church this Sunday too!! It was a special stake conference where there was a broadcast from salt lake and we got to hear from Elder Rasband send Elder Hales and Elder Clayton and some lady from the relief society presidency lol. So we had "D" and his siblings there including their mom which was super sick cuz that's the first time she has come with them and we had "E" there!! They are all so awesome. "E" is progressing so well and has such a good spirit to him. He's been through a lot of family trials but still pushes on. He said he loved coming to church and it was unlike any other church he had been too people welcomed him and made him feel good and not out of place. We meet with him 3 times a week as well as we meet with "D" and his siblings almost 4 times a week depending on his mom. All in all, it was a solid week. I love doing actual missionary work. Teaching people and reactivating members is the greatest. I have yet to knock doors on my mission and I am so happy I haven't because it is such a waste of time haha. I understand in some missions that's all they do and I don't understand it. Even Elder Perry said times have changed and the way to do missionary work must change as well. Working through less active members is the best use of any missionaries times. We help less-actives regain a testimony and in turn, they have us teach their non-member family and friends. It's how missionary work should be done. Not aimlessly knocking doors where 1 out of 1000000 people are baptized haha. There are better ways to utilize the time we are given as missionaries. Apologies if you do knock doors all day but any good mission president knows it's not the best use of a missionaries time haha. It should be an absolute last resort. Anyways love you all hope you just have a good week!! 

Elder Armijo




No comments:

Post a Comment