Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016...."Know Thyself, Control Thyself, Give Thyself"

Hey friends and fam its ya boy Elder Armijo. And as drake says " I'm
back and I'm better " 

These last couple of weeks I seem to have fallen
into a rut that I either could not or would not get myself out of, I
guess you could say I hit the " wall " that a lot of missionaries do
right before they go home. But this past week I've reflected on the
last 20 months that I have been serving a mission for the Lord and I
realized the way I have been feeling is exactly how I felt when I
first came out; concerned about things that I shouldn't be concerned
about at this point in my mission. I've had to realize for the 100th
time that this is not my mission. This is the Lords mission and I just
have the opportunity to serve as a missionary on the Lords time. I
have experienced so many miracles during my time here and I'm so
grateful for the people I've have been able to meet and form relationships
with that will last forever.

 The atonement has carried me through my
mission just as it has through my life. We are going to have
weaknesses, we are going mess up, but it's how we react to these
things that will shape us into the individuals we are meant to become.
I have a favorite talk that I listen to often and it's a pretty old
talk. It's called " Know thyself, Control thyself, Give thyself" by
Paul H. Dunn who makes a few good points that have helped
me these past weeks and throughout my mission. He says, " Someone has
said that success consists not in never falling, but in rising every
time you fall. Get up one more time than you go down, young people,
and you will win. Stay down, and you lose. My father used to say,
Paul, there are dozens of rules for success, but none of them work
unless you do"." I love how blunt and straight forward it is. Get up
you win, stay down you lose. And I don't  know about you guys but I
love to win so I'm going to keep getting up every time I fall down. He
also says " That means, if I understand the gospel correctly, that
there isnt one single failure among us. The word can't is false
doctrine in the Mormon Church. When a young man says to me,I can't
do it, I become concerned because in a sense he is saying, I
don't understand the gospel. He may not be motivated; he may have
discouragements; there may be barriers in his life; but you can
succeed"

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1972/07/know-thyself-control-thyself-give-thyself?lang=eng#


I love you all and I hope you all have a great week, see you soon! 

Elder Armijo




These are 3 of my boys from the MTC.  There are six of us left who will all go home in Dec.  I love these guys!

Elder Carver
Elder Palmer
Elder Chidester


No comments:

Post a Comment